RoboTape is Innovative Automation Inc’s first Robotic Taping System designed to handle repetitive and demanding tape applications and will be located in our Newmarket facility at Mecsmart Systems Inc. We are looking for a Machine Builder to join the Mechanical Build department and work as part of a team to assemble and develop custom automated manufacturing equipment.
- Build and assemble equipment.
- Install machined parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Create and manufacture solutions and details to compliment the intended function of the equipment being assembled.
- Operate the machine on trial runs to adjust machine settings, cycle times etc., to ensure it meets customer specifications.
- Take part in design reviews to help concept new ideas and solutions as required.
- Track all alterations to the drawing package.
- Perform functionality testing of purchased & machined parts.
- Assist the Senior Builders.
- Occasional travel as required globally.
- Minimum Certificate of Qualification for a Precision Metals (General Machinist, Mould Maker or Tool and Die Making) OR Millwright
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in all aspects of troubleshooting/building automation
- Ability to lift weights reaching 50lbs, carry weights reaching 40lbs, and push and pull weights reaching 100-150lbs
- Confidence in dealing with people
- Ability to deal with all types of personalities
- Adaptable and able to modify approach in dynamic environment
- Able to prioritize competing job functions
- Possess structured problem solving and analytical skills