Position: RoboTape Account Manager
Reports to: RoboTape Business Unit Manager
General Purpose of the Job:
To generate sales to meet or exceed the annual specified sales of RoboTape units and RoboTape standard work cells.
RoboTape Account Manager
Essential Sales Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve quarterly and yearly sales target as set out by management.
- These sales targets are to be achieved through targeting dormant accounts, leads generated through campaigns and tradeshows, prospecting and developing new clients.
- Travel may include 5-10 days per month visiting customer facilities for new project discussion and presentations.
- Multi night travel and travel to customers and potential customers worldwide.
- Leads will be distributed throughout the RoboTape Sales Team and Innovative Automation custom automation Sales Team based on best fit.
- Procures orders based on quoted projects.
- Maintains relationships with client and client management.
- Assist in the organization of and participate in trade shows as required.
- The RoboTape Account Manager will work with the Innovative Automation Account Manager to support the sale of multi cell and multi station systems that include a Robotape system.
- Maintain documents and quote reference materials in a prescribed folder structure.
- Use ERP and CRM tools to maintain contacts, leads, opportunities and quotes.
Essential Quoting Duties and Responsibilities:
- Concepts solutions to automation requirements.
- Prepares proposal including Robotape specific Cell and Tooling content
- Prepares or supports the preparation of sales schedules, using MS Project and/or MS Excel, as required.
- Prepares or supports the preparation of sales sequence/cycle time charts, using MS Excel, as required.
- Prepares quotation pricing spreadsheet using MS Excel, with input from others as required.
- Performs due diligence of quote pricing using historical data from previous job costing and/or purchased item pricing.
- Work with RoboTape and/or R&D team to arrange, schedule and document project specific demonstrations of RoboTape
- Prepares formal quotations for customers using MS Word Documents.
- Submits quotation documents to customer in hardcopy and/or PDF.
Essential Marketing Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with documenting manufacturers of tape types for dispensing through existing RoboTape design(s)
- Research and document markets that suit robotic tape application
- Research and document users that suit robotic tape application
- Collect and catalogue Voice of the Customer feedback on for further development of the RoboTape product. e.g. additional types and sizes of tapes, alternate materials, etc.
- Research and document appropriate trade shows for demonstration of the RoboTape product
- Support in the development of and provide content for Robotape marketing, advertising, and educational materials.
- Marketing research is to be stored electronically in an organized fashion. Storage will utilize Innovative’s ERP and CRM software.
Essential Administration Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend Weekly Sales Meetings to discuss with VPs and other Sales Account Managers the status of quoted jobs and strategies for closing and other opportunities.
- Maintain sales forecast of probable and imminent jobs.
- Discussions with management prior to quoting on jobs to determine viability of quoting as well as discussions relating to concepts and previous similar jobs.
- Participate in annual, one-on-one reviews with management to discuss targets and sales progress.
- Participate in analysis of closed jobs for identifying areas of concern and areas of excellence.
- Follows Sales Department ISO procedures.
- Generate required ISO documents and organize launch meetings for new projects.
- Support the generation of required RoboTape product documentation
Essential Project Management Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates with management, fellow staff and customers with respect to any project concerns, project status, and possible area solutions.
- Liaison between customers and employer personnel.
- Involvement with mechanical and electrical design team at outset of project.
- Continued involvement during duration of system build, development and installation/start-up.
- Assist delegated project manager/production planner that is assigned to projects
- Works cooperatively with Project Manager to track and quote ECNs
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the Employer from time to time
Occupational Health and Safety Act Responsibilities:
Workers have a general duty to protect their own health and safety and that of others around them. Workers must:
- Work in compliance to the Act and Regulations
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the employer
- Not move or make ineffective any protective devices or clothing required by the employer
- Report to the employer or supervisor any known hazards or missing or defective equipment or protective devices
- Report any known violation of the Act or regulations to the employer or supervisor
Workers should be proactive about health and safety. That means that workers must not only comply with the law, the employer’s policies and workplace procedures, but they should also make suggestions to improve health and safety. Workers may also bring health and safety concerns and suggestions directly to the Joint Health and Safety Representative (Members names are listed on the Health and Safety Bulletin Board).
This position requires constant sitting with occasional standing and walking. It requires occasional cervical flexion, the chin to chest movement. Maximum lifting weight can reach about 75lbs with the maximum carrying weights reaching close to 50lbs and the maximum pushing and pulling weights reaching 100-150lbs. Sales positions require constant forward and lateral reach. Constant handling, use of fingers and pinching are required. Working in this position requires a very strong ability to work alone and self-supervise as well as the ability to supervise others. It also requires the ability to handle attention to detail, tight deadlines, responsibility and accountability and the ability to multi-task.
Education Requirements and Experience
- Minimum, Graduate of Post-Secondary Education or Equivalent Specialized Experience
- Skills are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions