Position: Jr. Project Manager
Reports to: Projects and Materials Manager
General Purpose of the Job:
Coordinating and planning of resources, materials and process to ensure timely and cost efficient management of the projects. Other responsibilities include coordination and planning of service and warranty work on completed projects, the quote and procurement of spare materials for all projects, and Employee Travel Documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures Projects, Service calls and Warranty work are executed on time and on budget and communicates status with management and fellow team members.
- Manages orders for spare parts for Customers including: Quoting, collection of PO, initiating purchase of spares, tracking through procurement, shipping and invoicing.
- Works cooperatively with clients, fellow employees, contractors, management and suppliers.
- Adheres to IAI’s ISO9000 quality policy and procedures.
- Manages all assigned tasks in a neat and timely fashion.
- Utilizes IAI Quotation and Customer Project for Quotation (RFQ) to understand client requirements, determine project direction and required projects features.
- Communicates project concerns, project status with management, fellow staff and clients. Determines possible design solutions or corrective actions and leads efforts to implement corrective actions.
- Participates in the generation and communication of corrective action plans with department managers and key team members. Assists in the communication of the action plan clearly to all involved parties both internal and external
- Works with Engineering and contract designer(s) to ensure proper Innovative procedures are followed and gives direction on process requirements.
- Generates and communicates design, process, timeline and development direction to all Innovative teams.
- Communicates process changes that are required to meet overall project requirements.
- Documentation of process changes to meet overall project requirements
- Assists other IAI personnel during the equipment build, observes, monitors and directs how the build is progressing.
- Able to handle attention to detail, tight deadlines, responsibility, accountability and has ability to multi-task.
- Coordinates and communicates installation plans with client, department managers and key team members. Responsible for communication of the installation plan clearly to all involved parties both internal and external. Duties include:
- Organizing and verifying customer training
- Communicating customer requirements to customer
- Organizing travel details for IAI personal
- Controlling budget for installation of project
- Coordinates Project Support on site at Customer location including:
- Clear communication with client and management on scope of service
- Determine priority level of service call and establish timeline.
- Determine required man power
- Preparation of quote.
- Negotiation of chargeable service with customer and is responsible for collection of Purchase Order.
- Ensures service is completed and invoiced as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that required components, both purchased and manufactured, have been procured.
- Coordinates shipping of any required material
- Reports on status of open Service to management on regular basis
- Generate process improvements to the service process.
- Assist Sales Account Manager to negotiate and quote ECNs on projects and communicates status to Management and IAI Team.
- Follow quoting process and determine direction of ECN to client and IAI team members through to completion.
- Work with Purchasing and Management to negotiate with contractors and suppliers on delivery and/or cost of required purchased goods and services.
- Determine required resources in collaboration with Department Group Leaders.
- Responsible establish and communicate schedule to client and IAI team.
- Management of received customer parts. Communicate to Customer requirements for parts, then record what is received. Also coordinate return or discard or Customer Parts at completion of project.
- Manages Project approval milestones and document customer sign-off approvals.
- Prepare Project Status weekly and present at Weekly Production Meeting.
Essential Capabilities required to complete Duties above:
- Use of Microsoft Project to conduct long term scheduling
- Use of Epicor ERP system for management of project
- Time of Day short term scheduling using Microsoft Excel
- Scheduling of Meetings using Microsoft Teams and Outlook
- Take Photos and Video of Equipment during Run-off prior to ship.
- The coordination of human resources for multiple departments
- Generation and maintenance of open issue log
- Organize and direct project meetings
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- SR & ED; with support of Project Management Department Group Leader/Manager
- Responsible for allocation of labour and materials to appropriate SR & ED general ledger codes
- Participate in process for documentation SR & ED related work.
- Work with 3Rd party company for preparation of written SR & ED reports by job
- Work with Logistics Coordinator and Shipping Department to arrange shipping documentation for outgoing equipment shipments including and understanding customs, invoices and CUSMA certificates
- Responsible for arranging travel documentation for employees travelling internationally including travel letters as well as supporting documentation.
- Occasional travel as required globally
Occupational Health and Safety Act Responsibilities:
Workers have a general duty to protect their own health and safety and that of others around them. Workers must:
- Work in compliance to the Act and Regulations
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the employer
- Not move or make ineffective any protective devices or clothing required by the employer
- Report to the employer or supervisor any known hazards or missing or defective equipment or protective devices
- Report any known violation of the Act or regulations to the employer or supervisor
Workers should be proactive about health and safety. That means that workers must not only comply with the law, the employer’s policies and workplace procedures, but they should also make suggestions to improve health and safety. Workers may also bring health and safety concerns and suggestions directly to the Joint Health and Safety Representative (Members names are listed on the Health and Safety Bulletin Board).
This position requires constant sitting with occasional standing and walking. It requires occasional cervical flexion, the chin to chest movement. Maximum lifting weight can reach about 75lbs with the maximum carrying weights reaching close to 50lbs and the maximum pushing and pulling weights reaching 100-150lbs. This position requires constant forward and lateral reach. Constant handling, use of fingers and pinching are required. Working in this position requires a very strong ability to work alone and self-supervise as well as the ability to supervise others.
Education Requirements and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Engineering (or Engineering Degree) or Equivalent Specialized Experience
- Certified as a PMP or willing to pursue certification as a PMP
- Understanding of the use of Solidworks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Project
- Skills are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions