Reports to: Electrical Wiring Group Leader
Electrician Job Description:
To lead, build and wire project electrical control panels, sub-assemblies and automated systems using the engineering package generated by the Electrical designer.
Electrician Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project/Job Operation
- Understand and apply Innovative Automation Inc. standard library resources
- Understand Innovative Automation Inc. scheduling and budget requirements, and apply personal management and organization skills to meet required time and material allowances
- Study drawings, manuals and specifications, then, applying all pertinent electrical codes, proceed to build systems as scheduled
- Mark drawings to “as built” throughout the project
- Once wiring is complete power should be connected and general systems checks performed. General system checks to include, but not limited to, power circuit testing, motor rotation checks, safety circuit testing, I/O testing and switch adjustments
- Review machine concept and design with Electrical designer and project developer
- Prioritize and schedule multiple projects; time management with respect to all phases of a project
- Assemble and coordinate multiple staff when larger projects require team efforts
- Document and keep organized notes on Project status
- Keep clean and organized workstations
- Research and develop application and use of products involved in a project. Research and Development records to be filed for future reference.
- Non-conformances throughout the project are to be recorded as per ISO policy
- As per ISO policy, Project Requirements form is to be initialled once associated phase of a project is complete
- Occasional travel as required within North America
- Work in conjunction with all Innovators in a respectful and inclusive manner
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with prospective and existing customers and suppliers
Health and Safety Responsibilities
Workers have a general duty to protect their own health and safety and that of others around them. Workers must:
- Work in compliance to the Act and Regulations
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the employer
- Not move or make ineffective any protective devices or clothing required by the employer
- Report to the employer or supervisor any known hazards or missing or defective equipment or protective devices
- Report any known violation of the Act or regulations to the employer or supervisor
Workers should be proactive about health and safety. That means that workers must not only comply with the law, the employer’s policies and workplace procedures, but they should also make suggestions to improve health and safety. Workers may also bring health and safety concerns and suggestions directly to the Joint Health and Safety Representative (Members names are listed on the Health and Safety Bulletin Board)
This position requires frequent standing, walking, crouching, kneeling and bending. It requires occasional twisting or rotating, crawling, climbing and balancing. Working in the electrical department also requires constant cervical flexion, the chin to chest movement. Maximum lifting weight can reach about 75lbs, maximum carrying weight is about 50lbs and the maximum pushing and pulling weights can reach 150lbs. Frequent forward, at or above shoulder, and lateral reach with the dominant arm as well as frequent grasping and handling are necessary. Occasional use of fingers and pinching is required as well. Working in this position requires the ability to work alone and self-supervise. It also requires the ability to handle attention to detail, tight deadlines, responsibility and accountability as well as the ability to multi-task.
Education Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum OCOT Canadian Red Seal Certificate of Qualification 309A Construction and Maintenance Electrician
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an Industrial or Commercial application
- Minimum Diploma from 2 year Electrical Engineering Technician (Co-op) Program or 3 year Electrical Engineering Technology (Co-op) Program
Innovative Automation is always looking for talented people, so even if you don’t currently see a job that fits your skill set, please forward us your resume if you feel you would like to become part of our team. All resumes will be evaluated and kept on file.
We thank all applicants, but advise that only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.